OK what I ended up doing is, I took 2 16inch peices of square metel
beam and bolted that to both sides of the wood, Than made a 2 L shaped
steel bars and put them at the end of the beam. Than connected the
both steering rods (The L shaped beams) together.
  Now what do I do if a servo that will steer this thing is to weak?
Can I rig up a normal electric motor to steer instead.