From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [rctankcombat@googlegroups.com] on behalf
of Jeremy Caylor [nighthawk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:09 AM
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [TANKS] Re: Welding question

I have a 90amp wire feed
(http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/mig-flux-welders/90-amp-flux-wire-welder-98871.html)
 I'm able to weld from 1/16" up to 1/2" steel. The one you posted is an arc
welder and is harder to use than a wire feed, as the electrode shrinks as you
weld, so you need to progress the weld, as well as advance the melting
electrode into the work. They aren't as beginner friendly as a wire feed, which
does most of the work for you. You can buy spools of aluminum wire for welding
aluminum, as well as alum welding electrodes if you go the arc welder route. Do
some research on each system to determine which one is better suited for you.

On Aug 17, 2011 2:39 PM, "neroc"