  From: Bill Byrnes
  To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:56 PM
  Subject: [TANKS] Pz38(t) progress 1, or "Building a really good tank just to
shut Neil up"

                          Ok, it may be a bit presumptuous of me to think that
I, a newbie with 20% of a tank built can take on Neil, The Undefeatable in a
head to head, no holds barred paint swapping battle and not leave wimpering
with my tail between my legs, but I ask you:  Is Neil a god?  No!  He is mortal
man with a tank and a box of paintballs.  His tank is bigger than mine, also
pronounced "bigger target".   (Is his bigger tank a "compensation"?)

                          I only have 3 obstacles between me and putting Neil
in his place.  1- A working tank (in progress).  2- Experience (talking friends
into building tanks to be targets, er fellow combatants) and 3- 2,000 miles of
ocean (still working on that one.  No, no lottery winnings here.  Maybe I can
meet Neil half way in Bermuda?).

                          On to the Pz38(t) in progress.  1/6 scale make it
about 31" long.   Attached is a picture of the hull with 1 track installed.   A
movie of the track test with temporary test motor will be sent in a few
minutes.   About 200 of the 1,000 tasks to build a tank have been competed.
                          Bill
                          Palm Bay, Florida