That proposed defensive rating make more sense to me, as it is true in real
life.

Greg.

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:47:30 -0700
From: steve...@gmail.com
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [TANKS] Another Rule Change Proposal

The defensive rating as defined by the rule set is biased against sloped
armored vehicles.  It is my proposal to adjust the rules as follows to
recognize the defensive benefits of sloped armor.

Current:
Defensive Rating
Each asset will be given a defensive rating based on the maximum frontal armor
carried by the asset. The defensive rating determines the number of hits needed
to destroy the asset, using the following table:

Proposed:

Defensive Rating
Each asset will be given a defensive rating based on the maximum frontal armor
carried by the asset as measured in the horizontal plane. Assets classified as
a tank destroyer will have one point deducted from its defensive rating to
compensate for the generally weaker side and rear armor that these assets where
historically equipped with.  The defensive rating determines the number of hits
needed to destroy the asset, using the following table:

Steve Tyng