To: "R/C Tank Combat" <rctankcombat@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:17 AM
Subject: [TANKS] Re: just in case we need another rules question

"we are talking about making a whole new game from what we
have now."

No not really.
What I remember doing in previous battles is risking  all to find a
good position then waiting for my foe to show a little side, then
shooting off as many hits into the side as possible in the very
limited time available, before someone reaches a position to colour my
side.
When using rc equipment to pull a 12v actuator there was a delay as
the actuator needed time to be pulled back by the spring on the marker
trigger. Using this setup I would estimate 1 shot every two seconds,
that wasnt so bad. Along with the "not knowing what is going on in
your turret" factor this created some considerable tense/exciting
moments that any battler will be familiar with.
IMO This is what makes the game so good. your shot at this point needs
to count because anybody who has been there and wants to win knows you
only get so many golden moments per game.
Although driving a ride in tank is great fun and seeing (and hearing)
incoming fire wizzing past your ears, (and hearing (and feeling) hits
on the front of the tank), knowing I can kill a 40/4 tank in less than
two seconds takes the urgency out of those priceless moments.

I intend (or try at least) to develop a mechanical timer that only
allows the trigger to be pulled every so many seconds , I dont know
how quickly a tank crew can reload but I`ll bet 5 seconds will seem
like a very long time when you need another shot.
Maybe even do away with T078`s very well working hopper, so an actual
manual reload is required.

Ok . i think I`ve answered my own question as Ive been typing it  :)

Neil " all in a days work " R