Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:12 PM
Subject: [TANKS] Tyng Technologies Announces Upgrades for 2011 Battling Season

May 18, 2011
Chevy Chase, MD

Tyng Technologies Announces Upgrades for 2011 Battling Season

Long rumored to be in development by TriPact, this reporter has
learned that the often touted TriPact Tynganator vehicles may make an
appearance for the 2011 battling season.  With no word coming out of
the TriPact camp regarding Tynganator, Steve Tyng, CEO and founder of
Tyng Technologies was contacted to see if he had any comment on the
TriPact project.

When asked about Tynganator, Mr. Tyng stated, “What can I say?  Unable
to match, or for that matter, to even come close to TyngTech in
performance and reliability I suppose they had to come up with
something to be competitive.  We have long been aware of this TriPact
“Black” project to develop vehicles and tactics designed expressly to
counter our superior tech”.  Mr. Tyng continued, “first informed of
this Tynganator project during the heyday of the now legendary Tyng
T005 T-34, we learned that Tynganator was supposed to be a fleet of
small and fast armored cars that were to use swarm tactics against the
T005, much like a colony of army ants bringing down a larger prey”.
Mr. Tyng chuckled at this point and continued, “we were amused by the
concept, quantity over quality, but did take some note, history does
teach swarming an opponent can work, for didn’t it take five or more
Sherman’s to take out a Tiger1 back in the day?  The concerns proved
unfounded, we did see some imagery of a couple of development chassis
but these never did see the light of day”.  When asked about this
latest attempt by TriPAct at a viable Tynganator vehicle, Mr. Tyng
stated “Yes, we have now seen solid evidence of a fleet of vehicles
under development.  Having figured armored cars won’t cut it against a
Tyng vehicle, TriPact has gone back to the drawing board and are now
producing some sort of mini-tank.  The elder Pittelli of the TriPact
clan has apparently identified some obscure up-armored and over-gunned
WW2 German micro-tank that has the same specs as a traditional heavy
tank but at half the size.  Supposedly this “rule-beater”  meets the
production requirements because at the end of the war, the Germans
managed to role a few of them out of the barn where they were slapped
together, probably with the paint still wet and driven by twelve year-
olds.  From the spy photos I’ve seen, TriPact looks like their trying
to get a high speed using some type of new light weight motor and
tranny combination and it’s been noted they’re using copied TyngTech
in the way of a cog-driven TTS”.  Mr. Tyng finished with, “now I’m not
the least bit concerned over these Tynganator’s, I hope to see them on
the battlefield and look forward to mopping them up with the Cromwell
but the Board has shown more concern and insisted on upgrading the
Cromwell to better meet this new threat, so with that, we’ve developed
the Block2 project for the undisputed powerhouse of the hobby”.  With
that, Mr. Tyng headed into the Chevy Chase country club that has
become his home away from home and directed this reporter to an
associate to get the details on the impending upgrades to the T040
Cromwell.

The Cromwell Block2 enhancement program will address the following
areas:

  • Improved CO2 delivery:  Replacement of the CO2 push-in fittings
with compression fittings will address minor issues of CO2 leaks
leading to line freeze-up and blockage.
  • Traction improvements:  The first cog-driven TTS is as strong as
the day it was built but six years of wear, particularly from the
grueling show circuit, have worn the traction pads to a slick
surface.  The Block2 program will correct this resulting in better
response in start/stop and turning, particularly on the slick grass of
the Gettysburg battlefield.
  • Drive-train reliability:  The 2009 Block1 upgrade, replacing the
belt drive first stage transmission reduction with a chain system, has
allowed for the occasional throwing of the first stage reduction
chain, resulting in a loss of locomotion on the effected side.  The
Block2 program will implement TyngTech “Live Buttress” technology to
correct the issue.
  • Runtime upgrades:  For the first time, Tyng Technologies will be
using SLA’s rated for deep cycle EV duty, resulting in higher amp hour
capacity and better recovery from deep discharge resulting in more run
time on the battlefield.
  • Safety switch sensitivity:  Often joked as the Cromwell’s
Achilles heel, the safety cutoff switch is prone to being
inadvertently actuated while reversing through heavy underbrush.  This
will be addressed in the Block2 program.