Good to hear some progress. The front plate is called the "glacis" plate.

Ben

From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcombat@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of odysseyslipw...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, 5 February 2012 8:17 AM
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [TANKS] tiger 1 work

just got back from the wood shop a few minutes ago. the glacier (?) and the
sloped hull area just below it have been replaced.

the glacier did have a balsa wood front to it, and about 6+ parts. we spent
about 4.5 hours working on the new one and it looks much cleaner, but more
importantly (and the main reason for this fix) is that the sloped hull in front
now sits tightly against the lower hull.

one main problem we ran into was the hull was out of square, almost 3/8" from
one side to the other, so the front of the upper hull ended up going across the
table saw and then the rest was a lot simpler to work on.

i did take pictures, but can't share any for about another 2 weeks until i get
me a new card reader, so expect to see a few emails worth when i do.

right now the tank is at the shop all glued and clamped into place until next
week when it'll get cleaned up.

Chris
rctankcombat@googlegroups.com<mailto:rctankcombat@googlegroups.com>