I think I know the difference. The wider tracks appear to belong to an IS-3M.
The different lights, fenders, and cover over the mantlet suggest that to me.
The wider one have "tabs" that stick out beyond the end of the pins unlike the
other ones. An excuse to step up to the wider 114mm tracks in 1/7th scale. No
Intralox product is "just right". That and they have dual tracking tabs. The
IS-3 has single ones. Another idea I was thinking of was dual roller chain
tracks. With aluminum t extrusion material for treads. I have so many ideas
flying around in my head!
  I am active Navy and stationed in Charleston, SC. Sounds like we are both
deep into the planning process. I was thinking of using a wood hull as well.
Maybe we can build in conjunction with each other?
Mike B