Hey Buck,

I have yet to build any vehicle myself, other than a toy I basically recently
finished for my nephew...  But I was considering a tank destroyer as my first
build... Firstly, the venerable Jagdpanther, then after some consideration, the
SU-152 (although the SU-100 did get some thought..).

Yes, you are probably correct in that it will be less complicated to go sans
turret.  However, should you ever decide to take it to battle, just remember
that you aim the gun by aiming the whole vehicle.  After much consideration, I
am going to make my first build a turreted vehicle, just to avoid this
situation.

But I'm sure you weighed that consideration already...

PS...  Give thought to building the SU-152 instead!!  It has a lower silhouette
than the SU-100, and a shorter gun barrel, which may make for easier mobility
going up/down hills and such.  I mean, there are subtle build differences, such
as an extra set of road wheels on the 152, but said wheels are smaller than
those on the Su-100...  Plus, I think the 152 is a much cooler looking vehicle
than it's cousin, less "boxy". and you don't have that funky cupola jutting out
of the side of the superstructure, like you do on the 100...  BUT, and this is
a big but, the SU-152 does show side panels on the superstructure that would
count as hit, if attacked frontally.  But this only has meaning if you decide
to get down to Maryland or surrounding areas, and do battle with it.

Dave D.