Probably a good idea. However, if someone else built this thing for me it'd
be missing the point. I do have some real life resources that I may be able
to talk to. There's the guy who works on the computers at our tiny school,
who I've consulted about a robotics project, and also a guy living just a
few miles away who is opening a computer store. :) But yes, if "the point"
for you doesn't include actually building the machine yourself, that seems
a pretty safe path to take.