That makes sense, Joe. Thanks a lot !

From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcombat@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Joe Sommer
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:59 PM
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [TANKS] Re: 12V17Ah batteries for $10 !

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:53:46 PM UTC-5, RocketMan wrote:

One more thing to consider, too. Do we have any reason to believe that the
other 17Ah batteries are truly 17Ah ? Has anyone besides Electonic Goldmine
(the $10 seller) tested them ?

I test capacity of my 12V 18Ah SLAs several times per year.
I use a West Mountain Radio CBA II
http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=cba4

New 18Ah batteries that are fresh from a reputable vendor
always provide at least 18Ah and often better.  The best
vendors are ones who have high sales volume and get
fresh batteries shipped from the factory on a regular basis.

SLA's have a finite life of about four to five years whether you
use them or not.  Life decreases quickly if you discharge them
below 10.4 V.

The batteries from Electronic Goldmine probably have been
sitting in some device for several years and have never been
used.  Additionally they probably have not been charged for
several years.  Consequently they have lost some of their
capacity simply by sitting in a warehouse.

They are OK for someone who wants to get started with cheap
batteries to develop a new project and then upgrade to full
strength later.

Joe

<mailto:rctankcombat@googlegroups.com>