I can tell you from experience that in most cases, you need a very good,
computer controlled transmitter to take advantage of a gyro setup. I have
been flying airplanes and helicopters for over 25 years. We have
experimented with the old futaba ball bearing (mechanical) gyros 20 years
ago on airplanes. They work, but it takes patience and an extra channel to
TURN THEM OFF when you dont need them. Same goes for the new 3 axis
3channel gyros. You really need a very advanced transmitter that can
program the "heli curves". Im not sure how you would set it up on a ground
vehicle for gyro stabilization of a turrent that is still attached to
another body that is doing its own thing. That would take some
experimentation. That being said. The cheapest futaba radio is $480, and
the cheapest futaba 3 axis gyro is over $230. I have thousands of dollars
invested in my helicopters, so it becomes expensive really fast.