From: "True North Armouries" <panthergol...@gmail.com>
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:46:19 PM
Subject: [TANKS] New tank; need advice on motors

Hi all,

I started working on my t34-85 this past Canada Day, though ive been doing
research and electronics work since Easter. I'd like to take a moment to thank
Steve for the T34 plans; for my first tank im really grateful to not have to
scale any drawings before I can start sawing.

Ive been looking at motors, and I need some advice; most of you seem to have EV
motors, which are increasingly hard to find. I have done a fair bit of looking
on-line, and  have come to the conclusion I have no idea how many watts my
motors should be. I found someone selling 350 watt 24 volt scooter motors for a
good price, but I wanted to know what you guys think, seeing as some of you
have far more experience. Is 350 watts per track enough power, or is it going
to be sluggish and i should look for at least 500-600 watts?

Thanks in advance,

Isaac