I used a Dimension Engineering PicoSwitch (see
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/picoswitch ) in Bazooka Joe.
 It's a nice little relay with a green LED that lights when the relay
contacts are closed.  There is a also an audible click as the relay changes
state.  There are two screw terminals and an RC plug - couldn't be simpler.
 Polarity is not an issue on the contacts.  I soldered a pair of wires
across the trigger contacts of my electronic marker (so I can fire it
manually as needed for testing) and screwed the other ends into the relay.
 It fires when the RC control is about half-way to one end.

I'm about to test a Pololu low-side MOSFET switch a (see
http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1210 ) and will report when I have
news.  This will require some soldering but is less than half the price.
 My marker trigger switch operates on the low side (connecting the
electronics to the circuit ground) so this is ideal.  The circuit diagrams
I could find for the Turnigy thing seem to indicate it's a high-side switch.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:19:44 PM UTC-4, Mike Mangus wrote:

>  Another for firing an electronic trigger marker is an electronic on/off
> switch.  The Turnigy switch from Hobby King costs less than $7.  Course,
> there is shipping too ... heh.
>
> Mike

5) Fire control is the simplest of all systems.  If your marker has an