Loic,

John's correct in that both of us found out that at certain ranges the .50
marker paintballs would bounce off other tanks. I also found that the smaller
paintballs would not fly as straight. That could have been the paintballs
themselves.  Since I ended up redesigning the turret (created the current
all-aluminum version), I found enough room to put a regular .68 marker.

Another item that I consider when designing tanks: Use components or parts that
others in the hobby might be familiar with or potentially carry with them to
the battle. Several times I've gotten parts from Joe, Will, Frank, or John, in
order to perform a field repair on my tank. This was one of the reasons why I
went back to the .68 marker.

Paul