Neil,

Please take a video of the combat next time you battle and post it on
YouTube! I would love to see those kids going at it.

Cheers from Utah,

From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcombat@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of neroc1
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:21 PM
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [TANKS] Battle for juniors

RC tank battling became a reality for juniors last friday,  13,12, 2013

What I am calling a Nerf "taster" battle took place in GO9  oka (Resistant
Materials) .

7 students in turns experienced some intense panic moments and some good old
moments of glory as they commanded two assets - To68 and To88. Both tanks
are fitted with Nerf guns ( I cant give 11-13 year old`s paintball ) Each
Tank is set up to require two person control, this gives me the ability to
allow maximum students to have a go and encourages communication skills
between the kids.

I place the highest "officer" in charge of his/her tank ( yes girls come and
join in ) as the commander he/she is not only in charge of that tank, but
the whole army ( when more tanks become battle worthy ). The second highest
officer commands the other army .

I conducted two 10 minute battles in the 50 minute long lesson, ( which was
remarkable considering the constant lame questions and larking about that
youngsters are well known for).

Nerf Battles are a lot like paintball battles, involving frantic
instructions , widespread attempts at cheating and excited tiny minds.  A
total of 6 hits were made involving tank on tank warfare. It was nothing
short of a delight to experience.

The Girl team scored the most hits and this must be like seeing your
favorite toy shop burn down to the boys. I imagine they walked home thinking
how differently they will fight their next battle and forgetting all the
algebra, kings and queens of England and methods of crop rotation in the 13
century nonsense they had learned that day.

Im quite sure that in a few years a number of my students as adults will
continue into the paintball hobby, I have told them not to join this forum
because that would cause a breach of my job ethics. but when they hit 18
you`ll be hearing from them. you have been warned.

More of these mini battles are planned for the New Year. I will post
anything of interest or amusement as it occurs .

"R/C Tank Combat" group.
email to rctankcombat+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.