> I guess the speed limit rule to me would cause me concern.  To me, if I
> can get my 150lb. KV-2 doing 6-7 miles per hour so be it.

I can tell you've never been hit by another tank while fixated on yours and
the one your shooting at, and through the tunnel vision of a paintball
helmet.  My suggestions for varying speed limits is to first, for safety,
and second, to enhance playability.  In regards to safety, the larger a
tank is, the slower it should be IMO (particularity if the hobby grows and
we start seeing larger number of mobile assets on the field).  As for
playability, differing size classes with corresponding speed limits would
offer interesting playing style options for battlers.  Besides, speed
limits wouldn't necessarily have to be enforced for all battles.

> I think as most of us can see by Steve's suggestion for ratings, he is
> *clearly* trying to take the competitiveness out of the new Pittelli tanks
> and is threatened by them...lol  J/K Steve...

It's no secret I consider the current Panzer II's a rule beater,
particularly built to 1:6 scale.  I also realize that a considerable amount
of time and effort went into developing these tanks under the assumption of
a 4 point rating so I'm all for grand-fathering them as heavy's if John and
Paul so desire.  If the ratings proposal is adopted and new battlers show
up with new-build 3 point lights, I'd hope John and Paul would consider
dropping a point during the battle for the sake of sportsmanship.

Steve