From: Frank Pittelli <frank.pitte...@gmail.com>
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [TANKS] Minor upgrade to T-79

Before everyone gets their panties in a twist, there are a couple things
you should know:

John posted the story and picture as a joke because (a) the list has
been quiet recently and (b) he was reminding me to post the following:

At the recent Tank Expo held in Annapolis, a Rules Committee was
convened to discuss a number of proposals, with the following results:

a) Joe Sommer officially proposed Derek's suggestion to grant 40/4
ratings to all tanks, regardless of model size, gun size or armor
thickness.  That proposal was an alternative to others made in a lengthy
discussion on the mailing list back in December. Joe has also made
similar suggestions over the past couple of years. After a short
discussion, the Rules Committee voted to PASS the rule change,
implemented as updates to the Offensive Rating (Rule III.3) and the
Defensive Rating (Rule III.4) rules.

b) Doug Conn proposed that Armored Cars be granted the same frontal hit
exemption as tanks to encourage them to be built.  Other members had no
problem with that change, provided that the speed of Armored Cars was
restricted.  The Rules Committee voted to PASS the rule change,
implemented as an update to the "Frontal hits" definition in the
Defensive Rating rule (Rule III.3) and the addition of the following rule:

    Rule IV.6.e - The maximum speed of an Armored Car may not be
    greater than the maximum speed of the fastest tank participating
    in the battle.

c) To maintain the balance of the game, the speed limit on Armored Cars
was also extended to Support Vehicles, resulting in the addition of the
following rule:

    Rule IV.7.k - The maximum speed of a Support Vehicle may not be
    greater than the maximum speed of the fastest tank participating
    in the battle.

d) The Rules Committee discussed Doug Conn's proposal to limit the rate
of fire for all markers.  No consensus was reached, other than to
conduct some battlefield experiments to see how it might work.  To that
end, the Navarone Gun, and possibly other artillery pieces, will be
converted on a volunteer basis to electronically restrict their firing
rate (e.g., 1 second pause after firing each paintball).