On Monday, April 7, 2014 7:59:58 AM UTC-4, lotus7 wrote:

If someone has the time,could they explain to a newbie like myself-mixing?

> I assumed that the right transmitter sticks up and down movement
> controlled the right side track motor and the left transmitter sticks up
> and down movement controlled the left track motor?
>
> What would be wrong about that?  Thanks in advance!
>
> nc

Dual stick steering as you describe it is certainly doable and would even
recreate the driving style of most WW2 armor.  The issue in practice is
that it's not a very intuitive way to drive.  Also,  since such a setup
spreads your driving controls across two sticks, it necessarily spreads
your gun and turret controls across two sticks.  Not very practical at all.
 The preferred method for most battlers is mixed driving controls on one
stick (either left or right) and the turret/gun controls on the other.  As
TNA explained, mixed steering is where the inputs from one stick are mixed
to provide the forward/back and left/right control to the two drive motors.
 The mixing function is usually provided by a dual channel ESC it or a
seperate mixing module that plugs in between the R/C Rx and two single
channel ESC's.  Another option is a computer Tx that has mixing built in.

More info on mixed
steering:
http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Circuits/SteeringMixer/SteeringMixer.html

Steve Tyng