I think that's a good idea, Doug. In fact, I was going to do the same thing
in the Semovente but never got around to it. I normally use a separate 12V
switch for my control circuits that I turn on before the main 24V switch.
So, it would be easy to take power from the 12V switch to drive a
sufficiently large relay to switch the main 24V power circuit. A second
switch could also be installed between the 12V switch and the relay to
allow the electronics to be activated without activating the main power.
Both switches would be switching low power, making them easier to install
on the rear of the tank.