>> It even has a feature that allows you to restrict your firing rate to one
>> shot every N seconds.  I added that feature so that we can conduct the "Doug
>> Experiment" one battle to see how reduced firing rates affect the game.

>From a few searches, it look like WWII heavy tanks had a rate of fire on the
>order of 6-8 RPM. The Abrams claims 8-10 RPM. I think it would be fun to play
>with values in that range.

Regarding single or multiple batteries - I've been using a single battery
supply for the eight years (wow ! really ?!?!) I've been battling with you
guys. Even with a computer and the marker electronics sharing the same ground
as the motors, I haven't seen any issues. I do use opto-isolators on the marker
triggering, however.