The output of the Pololu switch is active-*high*.
The input to the marker is active-*low *(the trigger is a low-side switch).
The digital signal needs to be inverted.
(Note: The latest version of the Pololu series of switches has an
"inversion" function
 but this changes the direction of the activation signal (from "above
center' to "below center".
 I believe it addresses the need to flip the controls of a combat robot
when it has been "inverted", *i.e.* turned upside down.)

I connected a 1K resistor to a +5V active digital output of a microprocessor
to feed the base of a small, general-purpose NPN transistor
connected across the trigger contacts (emitter to the black wire, *i.e.*
marker ground)
of my electronic marker and it works fine.
A 1 ms "on" time (the shortest "pause" time on the PICAXE I'm using to
test) is plenty.
I assume the same solution would work for the Pololu Digital Switch.

For this application (R/C firing of an electronic marker)
I recommend the Pololu Switch with Small Low-Side MOSFET.
The extra cost $1.26 more than the Digital Switch, less the resistor and
transistor)
is justified by the simple implementation (see above
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rctankcombat/hu2G5C2fVzo/UG0uZ0niHzsJ> ).

Challenge: Explain the problem.  Hint:  All you need to know is in this