Maybe, but not for a while. One step at a time. I’m not 100% sure the Challenge
is do-able by garage quality robotics (and garage quality funding).

I found some differential equations describing paintball trajectory that
include lift and drag. I need Tracy’s advice to help me translate them into
code that will compute the marker elevation based on a target distance. The
math is hanging me up. She’s pretty booked up with school, though.

I think it will be interesting to see how close the equations come to correctly
describing the flight. I may be better off with some experimentally obtained
lookup table of range vs. elevation.

I’d love to win the Challenge and make Frank donate the $1000 to Hillary
Clinton’s campaign :)

-          Doug