sudden thought,would the fact that im using a piece of rod with a hole
drilled in it for a mandrell be causing all my problems?i have just done a
search on homemade tools.com for benders and they all seem to capture the
rod between 2 rods and then bend it.Could it be the lack of a larger
bending surface causing my problems?