Maybe our cataloging should include a hot link from our standard
abbreviations to the translation/definition in the appropriate
Wikiwhatever?  Or embed such links as "non-literal value surrogates"?

Irreverently yours (and ducking),

John F. Myers, Catalog Librarian
Schaffer Library, Union College
807 Union St.