Kevin M. Randall said:

>I don't think that change would be for the sake of change.  One of the
>reasons (perhaps the biggest reason?) for wanting to loosen up the rules on
>capitalization is so copy can be accepted from other sources without having
>to "correct" capitalization.

And this helps access and the patron how?  The purpose of the new
rules is to save work for us?

This seems a very Anglo centric practice; I thought RDA was also
supposed to be more international?  This change (like abandoning Latin
abbreviations) would be marching in the opposite direction toward
English language centralism.

   __       __   J. McRee (Mac) Elrod ([EMAIL PROTECTED])