I raise my head above the parapet long enough to say why I, as an ordinary
cataloguer who subscribes to this list, am quiet at the moment.

Firstly, I am waiting for the on-line version of the final draft of RDA to be
made available for comment. I am not sure of the extent to which I shall be
able to understand it. I am not sure if it will be usable as a working tool. I
accept that it is designed to be used as an on-line resource and should appear
at its best in that context. At the moment, the software does not work. So, I
wait.

Secondly, while I try to understand the concepts of the metadata supporters, I
find them alien to me. For example, Karen Coyle and Thomas Baker have lately
produced a guide to Dublin Core application profiles and it has appeared on the
DC web site. It is excellent as a brief introduction to the different parts of
an application profile. I have very little idea, however, of the steps I should
follow in using such a tool. So, I wait and consider.

Philip Davis
Redditch
England
[EMAIL PROTECTED]