Quoting Weinheimer Jim <j.weinhei...@aur.edu>:

Let's create an RDF for AACR2. Is it impossible? I think not.

Actually, the easiest thing to do would be to create an RDF version of the MARC data elements. Some of us have been talking about that for a while, and Ross Singer already has started coding up some of the MARC controlled lists:

http://marccodes.heroku.com/muscomp/

I have a database of MARC fields, subfields, fixed fields and their controlled lists that I offer to anyone wanting to work in this direction. You can get a taste for it at:

http://futurelib.pbworks.com/Data+and+Studies

which has a tab-delimited dump of fixed fields and one of variable fields. (It occurs to me that I need to add the recent $0 subfields, so I'll try to get to that and replace those files.) I think much of this can be done algorithmically.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net