Hi Folks,

I'm in the midst of attempting some in-house RDA cataloging and could use a
hand on relationships. Currently I am cataloging a book called "Similes in
the Nikayas : a classified index." The book is an extract from the Journal
of the Pali Text Society for 1906-1907.

I'd like to record the relationships to the Nikayas (that is, collections of
texts making up the Sutta Pitaka) and the Journal of the Pali Text Society.
Here's how I *think* I should go about it. I've created access points both
the Sutta Pitaka and the Journal:

730  0#  Tipiṭaka. ǂp Suttapiṭaka.
730  0#  Journal of the Pali Text Society.

Also, I have added two 500 notes:

500  ##  Index to: Tipiṭaka. Suttapiṭaka.
500  ##  Contained in: Journal of the Pali Text Society for 1906-1907.

Does that make sense? Would that adequately express the relationships?
Apologies if this is a daft question. I've been following the progression or
RDA, working through the toolkit, and trying to keep up with listserv
discussions. Regardless, I've found confirmed what I previously supposed,
namely that cataloging according to RDA is a far different thing from
reading about cataloging according to RDA.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Cheers.

--
Christopher Case
Content Management Librarian