Nancy Lorimer <nlori...@stanford.edu> wrote:

During the test period (at least), some institutions established
in-house guidelines that prescribed transcribing the capitalization
as it appeared on an item, whether digital or physical.

That's pretty ugly. If I ran across records so done in OCLC, I'd probably have to spend a lot of time changing them to sentence case before we would want them (i.e., to suit *our* local practice - sounds like these alternatives may make a mess of shared databases...).

I understand the value of recording various data as it appears on the item, but all caps? Really? I'm having a hard time envisioning when this would be necessary or helpful to uniquely identify a title. (Manifestation?)

--
Lisa Hatt
Cataloging