Am 11.02.2011 15:13, schrieb Weinheimer Jim:

Where I disagree is that I believe the changes of RDA really are just little
tweaks to AACR2 and the LCRIs; they are not indicative of any real change
either for the sharing or production of our records, and will not help or
hinder the new directions you outline.

And RDA transports a lot of non-EDP-compatible decisions of AACR into the future. That's unbelievable! The main problem of RDA is in my opinion that it is in some way modern and in some way old-fashioned. Unfortunately it's only modern on it's theoretical side, on it's practical side it's only a new AACR or even an old AACR.

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Armin Stephan