Sarah,

Another reason for adopting RDA: new catalogers coming out of library schools will very likely be taught RDA and not AACR2 once RDA becomes the de facto national standard. Eventually expertise in AACR2 will die out, just as expertise in AACR1 has. There are plenty of pre-AACR2 records out there, but could anyone create a new record now using those rules without carefully studying them?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries