When we were creating these examples, Examples Group 2 asked the editor of RDA about whether to include the parenthetical qualifiers, and we were instructed not to include the parenthetical qualifiers found in designators in Appendix J. The JSC review of these examples also did not result in asking that the full designator with qualifier be used in the examples.

I think that this was probably because each example was situated in a chapter of RDA (25-28) that was specific to whether the example was a related work, expression, manifestation, or item, so that the qualifier for the relationship designator was not needed in the context of the example. And also probably because the main point of the examples in chapters 25-28 was not to illustrate the use of relationship designators, but the recording of identifiers, authorized access points, and descriptions.

Anyhow, just wanted to let folks know that the omission of the parenthetical was not accidental, it was done with consultation of the editor.

Adam Schiff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger