Apologies for cross posting.

I hope you plan to attend.

The Cataloging and Metadata Management Section (CaMMS) and the RDA Conference
Forums and Programs Task Force (TF) are co-sponsoring the ALA Midwinter RDA
Update Forum, Sunday, January 22, 2011 1:30-3:30pm at the Dallas Convention
Center, Room C146. Panelists will outline key cataloging changes related to RDA
and steps being taken in preparation for implementation sometime after January
2013. Although there is at least a year before wide scale implementation of
RDA, changes are already impacting workflow and data exchange. In an effort to
economize on speakers and room space and to add emphasis to this topic CaMMS is
foregoing its Friday Forum to join with the TF in presenting this RDA Forum.
Scheduled presenters include: Beacher Wiggins (Library of Congress), Linda
Barnhart (Chair PCC), Glenn Patton (OCLC), John Attig (JSC update), Sally
McCallum (MARBI) and Troy Linker (ALA Publishing).
Please also join us for the RDA Conference Forums and Programs Taskforce
planning meeting directly following the RDA Update Forum. The Taskforce will
meet in Dallas Convention Center, Room D160 from 4:00 - 5:30 to discuss
sessions we are planning at ALA Annual. All are welcome and we appreciate your
feedback and ideas.
June

June Abbas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Chair of ALA ALCTS CaMMS RDA Conference Forums and Programs Taskforce
School of Library and Information Studies
College of Arts and Sciences
The University of Oklahoma
401 W. Brooks, Bizzell Library
Norman, OK 73069