From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of John Hostage
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:47 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Profession or occupation

We have come across a potential problem in the application of RDA 9.19.1.6.
There is an AACR2 heading already established for 'Sharma, S. K., Colonel'.  It
has an RDA form in field 700 for 'Sharma, S. K. (Military officer)'.

We have another author named Major S.K. Sharma.  We are confident that it's a
different person and will establish an AACR2 heading as 'Sharma, S. K., Major'
but it looks like there will be an unavoidable conflict when/if it is converted
to RDA.

John Hostage
Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian
Langdell Hall
Harvard Law School Library
Cambridge, MA 02138
host...@law.harvard.edu<mailto:host...@law.harvard.edu>