Vince,
     If I'm reading the document right, some of those records will be
issued twice as well.  (some in Phase 1 and then again in Phase 3)

And, no library, other than one actually working on the project, needs any
of the Phase 1 re-issues, I think.

Perhaps avoiding all of the Phase I re-issues might be possible, if your
authority vendor is willing to do a little coding (search by 670 field and
do not distribute the ones with the special RDA project 670 fields).  That
way, one could still get the new records (few as they may be) coming
through during Phase 1.

     I know this pales in comparison to Phase 3, but it would give us on
the receiving end a bit longer to get ready Phases 2 and 3.

--
Adger Williams
Colgate University Library