Benhamin Abrahamse posted:

>I just came across an RDA record with no S-o-R on the t.p.  But there was a=
> 245 $c in the record.  No brackets indicating the information was supplied=
>, and no note telling me where it was supplied from, either.  It looks to m=
>e from 2.4.2. that this is perfectly appropriate according to RDA:

As I understand it, we only bracket and note source (588) when it is
outside the resource.  In addition, we now bracket each subfield
rather than the whole field.

>In this case, it was only by inspecting the book rather carefully
>that I wa= >s able to figure out where it was taken from, and that I
>was indeed looking= > at the correct record for the piece.  Anyone
>have any insights into why RDA does this?

I make NO attempt to find a rational explanation for anything RDA
does, from calling electronic media "computer" on.  In my view, there
are rationalizations but in many cases no reasons.