Joan,

Yes this is basically what I understand to be correct. However, there does NOT seem to be a way in RDA to say "chiefly illustrations", so I think that would have to be conveyed in a note. I covered this in my presentation on the changes from RDA:

Slide 76 at http://faculty.washington.edu/aschiff/UW2012Presentation-Part1-Notes.pdf

AACR2

300 $a ca. 200 p. : $b chiefly ill. (some col.) ; $c 32 cm

RDA

300 $a approximately 200 pages : $b illustrations (some color) ; $c 32 cm
500 $a Chiefly illustrations.

--Adam

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff