Thanks very much for the suggestion!

Interestingly enough (at least to me): The proposed program for handling RDA
7XX fields will already produce a flat file that can be used to flip headings
from the suggested RDA form in the 7XX back to an acceptable AACR2 form where
available, but until now no one has asked for a similar thing for the general
run of phase 2 changes.  As you would expect, the program that does the phase 2
work will already create an output file of changed records in the MARC format,
but that file will contain lots of things beyond changes to the 1XX field.
However, it's really easy to create yet one more output file during phase 2
(there are now about 60 possible output files, each containing information on a
different condition), describing changes only to the 1XX field; in fact, I've
just added it to the program and made a small test and it appears to be just
dandy.  All that remains, really, is for someone to make the output files
available once the program is run for production. (If phase 2 happens like
phase 1, the program will be set to change up to 30,000 [as I recall!] records
per day, so there will be one file of changed 1XX fields per day the program
runs.)

In case anyone is interested and hasn't seen it yet, the proposed automated
handling of RDA 7XX fields is described in a document which you can find from
here: http://files.library.northwestern.edu/public/pccahitg (All of the other
documentation related to the RDA conversion is there, too.)  I've just posted a
revised version.  The program for doing this work is "finished" but it is still
being tested.

The program to be used for the phase 2 RDA conversion, and its documentation,
is available here: http://files.library.northwestern.edu/public/RdaConversion/
NOTE MOST CAREFULLY however that I have not yet posted here a version of the
program that creates this new output file, and I have not yet updated the
documentation to correspond.  That'll probably happen tomorrow afternoon.

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.

Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300

e-mail: mrsm...@northwestern.edu   voice: 847/491-2788   fax: 847/491-8306

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.         BatchCat version: 2007.22.416