From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Joan Wang
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:22 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Color: an attribute at the manifestation or content level?

Also, according to the definition, color includes black and white. So for any
illustrations, we can encode them "color", unless we give more precise
descriptions such as black and white, or taupe and blue green.

[Steven Arakawa] Regarding illustrations, 7.17.1.3:   If the content of the
resource is in colours other than black and white or shades of grey, record the
presence of colour using an appropriate term. Disregard coloured matter outside
the actual content of the resource (e.g., the border of a map).
Thanks,
Joan Wang

--
Zhonghong (Joan) Wang, Ph.D.