From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of MCCUTCHEON, SEVIM
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 08:51
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Corporate authorship; and, Loose-leaf that's not updating

I'm working on a book that's a compilation of state laws regarding podiatry.
It was put out by the American Podiatry Association.  It is in a three-ring
binder, so it is loose-leaf.  However, the preface, etc. indicates that it is
not meant to be updating - it's complete in itself, and not subject to
additions, changes, deletions.

Two questions:

1.       Where in the RDA Toolkit can I find instructions to help me decide
whether the corporate body should get a main access point (in a 110) or an
added access point (710)?

2.       There appear to be no instructions in the RDA Toolkit for the rare
situation of a loose leaf that isn't updating.  Shall I just mention it in a
note? That is, have something like:

300         1 v. (various pagings)

500         Loose-leaf; issued in a 3-ring binder

Sevim McCutcheon
Catalog Librarian, Asst. Prof.
Kent State University Libraries
330-672-1703