From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Myers, John F.
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 10:11 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Cross training

The Library of Congress has extensive (some might say overwhelming) training
materials on RDA.  They are all free.

This is the general page:
http://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/RDA%20training%20materials/index.html

This link in particular (which is not readily obvious from the descriptions on
the general page), supplies LC's in-house training:
http://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/RDA%20training%20materials/LC%20RDA%20Training/LC%20RDA%20course%20table.html

These additional free websites summarize some changes from AACR2 to RDA, in
their respective contexts.  They are somewhat more convenient snapshots than
full-blown training.

Changes from AACR2, by the JSC: http://www.rda-jsc.org/docs/5sec7rev.pdf (may
be somewhat out of date as RDA continues to be edited)
MARC21 changes for RDA, by LC: http://www.loc.gov/marc (select "RDA in MARC"
link on the page)
OCLC changes for RDA:
http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/technicalbulletins (#258, 260, 261)

John F. Myers, Catalog Librarian
Schaffer Library, Union College
Schenectady NY 12308

mye...@union.edu<mailto:mye...@union.edu>
518-388-6623

Paul Davey wrote:
If I
(a) need to cross-train from AACR2 to RDA, initially for monographs
(b) I have no institutional financial support
(c) I can't afford training prices that I see on the web

what can I do?