Van: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] namens Saunders, Mary [mary.saund...@maine.gov]
Verzonden: woensdag 3 april 2013 16:56
Aan: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Onderwerp: [RDA-L] Brackets in RDA

Good morning,

   I am a new subscriber and I apologize if this issue has been recently
discussed.
   I have noticed that there are some differences in the use of square brackets
in RDA and AACR2.
   I have an item in which the statement of responsibility appears on neither
the title page nor on the verso, but responsibility is explained in the
introduction.  While “another source within the resource itself” is an
acceptable source, I will need to formulate a statement of responsibility from
the information in the introduction.  I would enclose this in square brackets
in AACR2.  Do I enclose this in square brackets using RDA?

Mary Saunders, Cataloger
              Maine State Library
              64 State House Station
              Augusta, ME     04333-0064