Not to be confused with 'contributors' in the RDA sense, which are
relationships to expressions only (editor, translator, etc.)

The added entries are indeed and emphatically "authors"  in the RDA sense, of
the respective parts. The appearance of $econtributor on an RDA record for any
of these will be corrected as a clear mistake if the persons have no role
beyond author of one or more parts.

$4ctb would be considered valid, because that uses a very different definition
of 'contributor,' used only in a narrower sense. This sense doesn't appear in
AACR2, and the situation closest to making added entries for authors of parts
of works is found in AACR2 21.7B1 which only refers to making added entries for
those "responsible" for the parts, which is the same wording used for work
relationships (rendered in RDA as 'creator,' or more specifically 'author').

Thomas Brenndorfer
Guelph Public Library