Stephen Early asked:

>And whether I like it or not, RDA treats the microfilm as the
>manifestation on which I must base my description.   Since you've
>been going through RDA longer than I have*, I would be interested in
>your comments/justifications.

The short answer is I don't.  RDA has WEMI; Bibframe has W/I.  The
WEMI distinctions and definitions so far have little practical
applicability.

While some micro and electronic resources may be published by their
respective providers (e.g., Credo), in fact for most the content was
determined by the original print publisher (264  1), the micro vendor
is manufacturer of the micro version (264  3), and the electronic
aggregator is distributor (264  2).

We will have to wait and see what the PN standard does with RDA.  The
current standard has original print publisher, and ignores both
manufacturer and distributor.  So you are closer to the present PN
standard by having original publisher in 264  1.  Someone who wants PN
can simply remove the 2nd 264, as opposed to changing it from the
micro/electronic one to the print one.