From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of Reser, Dave
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:23 AM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA & CIP

Dear Michael,

I believe this is the LC-PCC PS you are looking for (2.2.2.1):

LC practice/PCC practice: Do not consider pre-publication cataloging data
(foreign or domestic) appearing in the item as a source of information for
transcribed elements.

(note the emphasis on *transcribed* elements, others would be ok)

Hope this helps,
Dave Reser
LC Policy & Standards Division