Festshrift codes, no. I didn't mean ALL of the data, indeed.

Format/genre/medium/carrier info? Such as in leader bytes 6-7, field 007, and
now the 336/337/338? Absolutely.

I am not saying that ALL the info in the MARC record is equally useful. I was,
however, responding to the claim that any info is _obviously_ UNuseful (without
an "RDA Priest" to interpret), if the values in the record are not
interpretable by end-users without mediation.  [at least I think that is the
claim or implication several of you are making, it's hard to sort through the
double-negative sarcastic as-if tone]

The coded values are meant to be transformed by computers, not shown directly
to end-users. And there are plenty of them. And always have been, as long as
there has been MARC, this is not some new evil RDA introduced.  And if you
think that the historical MARC elements that require transformation by software
instead of being viewed directly have always been useless and were a historical
mistake -- you should come out and say so and be precise about what you mean,
instead of hiding behind a veil of sarcasm.

And the implication that if it's not transparently interpretable by end-users
as is, it is useless -- shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how software
works.  And/or a willful pretense that our cataloging has any destination BUT
to be used in computer software. 99.9% of our cataloging 99.9% of the time is
only used via software intermediary, it's destiny is data for software
interfaces.  It's long past time (10-20 years) we stopped refusing to
acknowledge that in our metadata control practices. It's probably already too
late.

And this continued predilection to sarcastically say the opposite of what one
means in these discussions does not help communication.