Let me rephrase my question. Thanks to Arthur's help.

Does 6.2.2.10.3 "other compilations" includes selected works in a single
form, and selected works not in a single form? If it is, the languages of
the rule is too "grey" :)

For both categories, RDA tells us to record the preferred title for each of
the works in a compilation. It also has an alternative: identify the parts
collectively by recording a conventional collective title as applicable,
followed by *Selections*. The example is *Novels. Selections*.

I wonder how effective the alternative can be in the application of
selected works not in a single form. A simple *Selections *seems to be more
reasonable.

Thanks for your time. I am also tired with the question :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Joan Wang