RDA colleagues:

I work at an art library and we frequently have to establish NARs for
Artist.$tTitle of work
Understand the LC PCC policy still prefers the English title of the work, where
it can be ascertained.

Having done these in AACR2 for years I have a couple of questions.

I have seen examples of authority records for access points for works of music
that contain 380 and 382 fields. Are certain field prescribed for works of art?

I guess I would include an 046 field for the date the work was painted,
sculpted, etc, either an exact date or one in the edtf format?

Would I add any of the 336, 337 or 338 fields to a name authority record for a
work of art?

Respond either on list or off list, although I am guessing the art library
community would be interested.

Thanks,

Mark Bresnan

Mark Bresnan
Head, Bibliographic Records
Frick Art Reference Library
New York, NY
bres...@frick.org
(212)-547-0673

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.