Julie asked on Autocat and RDA:

>From the PCC Guidelines for the 264 Field, I am hoping that someone can
>please explain why the 264 _4 $c =A92009 does not end in a full stop?

There is no logical reason.  SLC will use a full stop.

We should forget the ISBD fiction that periods at the end of elements
introduce the next element.  They end the present element, and all
elements would have ending punctuation, i.e., a period if no hyphen
or other closing punctuation.

One thing which would greatly simplify both RDA and MARC is to have
consistent punctuation.  Let's hope Bibframe will have consistentcy.

I can apprecate the position of those who think punctuation should be
system applied, but if we are to supply it, we should be consistent.
For example, if we want a period on notes created by 246 indicators,
246 should have a period.